Monday, August 07, 2006

Monday bloody monday

yes, yet another monday sneeks up the horizon. Why do mondays have to be the first day of the week, think how nice it would be if after sunday came... let´s say thursday or friday... that would be sweet. But no, the horrible combination sunday-monday is a worldwide fact, with the pleasant exception of Uzbekistan there the lovely dictator (he doesn´t like that title, wants to be called the nations father instead) re-named all the days to his liking. Much better... get rid of fucking mondays.
This weekend was the largest party weekend in Iceland, most of the people I know were going somewhere or doing something cool this weekend... I went to football... no Þjóðhátíð for me... But football went fine... I scored 4 goals which would had been great, amazing in fact if my fucking team hadn´t lost 4-6 but it was a good workout and the beers afterwards were the true prize.
It is incredible in fact that it has been more than two and a half month since I got here... it has been like 2 weeks... time is going by way to fast... 11 more months, and as much as I love being here and look forward for these 11 months, even want it to be more than 11 months than at the same time a weekend like this makes you miss some normal stuff you have at home, I have spent the last couple of Þjóðhátíð's with Gunnar, having nerd parties, watching movies and playing Pictionary or something... ahhh... good times, good times.
Well, fuck it... this is only one year... Gunnar has been stuck with me since the age of 3 I guess it is fair giving him a break for one year. Another person I wanted to meet this weekend was Gummi, there are many empty Jack Daniels bottles that can tell the tales of our friendship. But yet again, Jack Daniels will still be there in one year, so will Gummi!
So all of you Icelandic people, I miss you quite a bit, but enjoy the summer where ever you are (lucky Davíð and Fjóla in Florida). Looking forward to meeting you again in 11 months.
Adios mother fuckers (have to end it like this, I was getting to sentimental for a moment)

3 Comments:

At 10:36 pm, Blogger Marie Claire said...

wow, two months and a half already?

 
At 11:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I don´t like mondays" was the reason for Brenda Ann Spencer´s killing spree in her school in 1979. You might know the Boomtown Rats song with the same name.
So I say we give the day a name that will let out one´s frustration when you say it, like *"%#ing-a*#%oleday.
please delete this comment of you find it indecent.
and please, toss my salad if you do.

 
At 4:28 am, Blogger Tomas said...

ahhh... I would never delete such a comment of poetic nature... about the tossing your salad part... think I will have to be a party spoiler and pass on that...
And yes Marie Claire... 2 and a half month... it is lightning fast...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home