Wednesday, June 21, 2006

African or European swallow?

So the weekend was quite interesting, friday night Mexico was playing and since Adrian was leaving on Sunday we had our little party with grilled chicken (the guy promised there was no bird flu in it, just before he picked it up from the street), Beers, chips, coke... it was awsome, to bad Mexico didn´t win, but hey... you can´t have everything.
On saturday my head was a tiny bit heavier than usual but that soon dissapeared when I remembered that we were playing football, and more importantly that I would have a hot shower afterwards. When we came to the pitch there were some other guys there so we decided to play them. So our team consisted of 40-59 years old (I asked who was the age president and it was a danish guy, 59 years old), ex-athletes that had drinken to much beer in the last 20 years of their lifes, so we stretched quite a bit our uniforms. The other team consisted of skinny and fit 16-18 years old Indonesians, so we were confident of success. After only 5 minutes I happened to score a goal, this stunned the Indonesians that expected an easy match, 2 minutes later we scored again, at half time I was substituted for a 45 year old spanish guy with 2 bad knees and excessive beer resources on his belly, I was not sure what to think about that, but I decided to take it as a praise. In the second half it showed that maybe our team didn´t quite have the stamina to play full 90 minutes against such a fit team, I came on again and had two assists but actually played quite horribly, I was getting tired so I kept fouling the other team, the good thing being that they became scared of me so I had more space. Still we won 5-2 (half time 3-0) and according to the guys this was the first time in more than 10 years that the Jakarta Vikings scored 5 goals in 1 match. Afterwards an amazing hot shower (you are having sexy mental images now, I know you are, yes, you too), then beers and some talks. I found out that one guy played in a squash team, and he invited me to play on monday.
On sunday Adrian left, it was weird I had been with him since the moment I came to Jakarta, we watched football together, went to the office, to the movies, always Adrian there, and now he´s gone... weird, weird... anyway...
On monday I went playing squash... ohhh what a nice feeling, it is amazing... now I just have to get my technique refreshed before the league starts in September.
now we are doing national planning in AIESEC so every day is really packed, that´s why I hadn´t posted anything, but now my lunch is over, so back to planning...
Talk to you guys later,
Go Chelsea players at the world cup!!!!1

4 Comments:

At 9:24 am, Blogger Davíð Örn said...

mmm....hot shower...mmmm.....;)

 
At 9:26 am, Blogger Davíð Örn said...

Good luck with your national planning, I hear it takes about 8 days :/

 
At 10:13 am, Blogger Tomas said...

It´s massive, that´s all I have to say! Can´t wait to bring this to Iceland, today has been so productive, never imagined so many aspects of planning!! and yes... I would have loved to have you with me in the hot shower ;)

 
At 2:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some hot shower photos for sale if anybody´s interested. They were taken on 2003-2004 season in veggsport, Iceland.
And by the way, nice tan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home