Monday, June 12, 2006

Jakarta

So... what has your favorite Icelander... ok ok... amongst your favorite... ok ok... some Icelander with a big mouth, been doing in Jakarta for those 2 weeks?
Well it is a stupid question really, since I know the answer and not you. Why does people ask questions when they know the answers?? I should stop that, makes no sense.
So... First of all I can´t believe that it is already 2 weeks... simply amazing. But I have been realativetly busy, which is great. During the weekdays I am working in AIESEC from 9 or 10 untill around 6 pm. Then I get home, cook noodles, make some bread or a soup, something extremely simple. Then I watch one Lost show before I start reading some self development, project managment or change management books and taking notes. Afterwards I start translating Harry Potter, that´s alot of hard work since I have to look up every word. In the end it is some sit and push ups, shower and sleep. This has been every single work day for me those 2 weeks.

My first weekend I didn´t know what to do. It was quite weird not being busy like every weekend for the last 2 or 3 years. I had no one to go to and nothing to do... so I kind of did nothing for the whole saturday untill the evening I went with Adrian (Mexico) and Yousuf (India) to some bars and clubs, that was great, I even found Icelandic Ice Tea in one bar, I didn´t know that existed. In my joy I felt I had to share this amazing coincident with the bartender, but he had no idea what I was talking about, I guess he didn´t know Iceland is a country.

This weekend I went playing football with Adrian and the Jakarta Vikings, that is a really cool team that consists of 40-55 years old foreigners, mostly managers, lawyers, importers etc. We had an amazing time playing football where I showed them how football is played in Iceland, I had the most goals, but as well the dubious honor of fouling the oponent most often... It was quite funny tackling down a 50 years old CFO of Multi million dollars company, felt quite good actually. Afterwards they explained that the football was the secondary objective of meeting every saturday, the real reason was to drink beer together. We went to the club house where I had the first hot shower since I came here (so nice!!!!) and then we drank some beers before going to a bar to watch the world cup, there those guys kept buying huge ammounts of beer, so no matter how hard I tried to finish my glass it never got empty... on the other hand since I never emptied it I insist that I only had one beer that evening.

Otherwise not much to say, I found out that Sheva (my bathroom lizzard) has a brother, a bit smaller and darker version of Sheva, I think he was on a vacation when I arrived, but now he is always around. I haven´t given him a name yet, any suggestions?
Ahhh... yes, one thing... my Visa card got copied when I was somewhere and suddenly there started to be 300Euros withdrawal every day, always in a different country... And now I have to proof that I was not in these 9 countries on those 9 days. People who do such a thing should get their lazy ass up from their mothers bedroom, stop eating McDonalds and get them selfs a real job or burn in the everlasting flames of hell for doing such a thing to hard working (or in my case, not that hard working) people... at least I haven´t stolen anything!!!

So now I´ll return to my schedual, I put an objective to post 3 times a week now, lets see how that goes. Untill next time, try not to miss me so much, couple of tears are ok but be strong :)
With all my love (very platonic)
Tómas

3 Comments:

At 10:13 am, Blogger Davíð Örn said...

Sounds, like you got a well planned scheduel over there. Hope that the Visa card situation won't create a lot of trouble for you, and on the other hand, I hope that it will create a lot of trouble for the person that copied it.

Fjóla and Moli say hi!

 
At 7:10 pm, Blogger Svetlana Senajova said...

Hey,
good to hear from you again. And also, I hope the problem with Visa card will be solved. By the way, I got accepted from HI and will be studying from fall Business Administration.

Enjoy ur time and post some pictures! ;-)

 
At 10:17 am, Blogger Tomas said...

Congratulation Svetla :):)
And Becky...
No translating it to english from Indonesian, but I don´t write the translation down, just look up each word and write down what they mean, so I have a long word list... it is to learn Indonesian, by looking up words again and again, I start remembering them, and seeing how sentances are formed is really good... so I hope after translating it I can speak better Indonesian.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home