Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Gatwick- part two

For those who haven´t read the first part kind of have to scroll down and read that. As for those who did read the first part, wow, you really were patient or you had nothing to do :)
So, now it´s 3 am and once again find my self in the sofa which has become strangely familiar, I guess I will miss it after I leave. And when will I leave and end this interesting experiment on living in Brittish airports (I wonder what Martha Steward would say about my set up here). The answer, I don´t know, I have stopped assuming things and will simply see what happens, I might take a plane tomorrow to Abu Dhabi, that would happen at 9 o´clock, but then I will have to spend a day in the airport there (or more accurately 28 hours, which are peanuts for me now). If I do not then I will spend a day here (or actually not here, I´ll come back to that in a bit) and take a plane in the morning of 23rd the problem then is a tight connection flight to Manila in the night. So my plan now is to check out if they let me aboard in the morning, and play it from there, at least I would be half the way then. I just finished a long chat with Mike my friend that lives in the UK (Manchester) and is partially from the US and his mind is partially Afghan, so a bit of a messup like I am. Anyways he offered me to come to his place, and I thought... wow, I´m not going to Manchester, that´s out of the question, but then he told me that the train takes only 2 hours (2 hours and 6 minutes to be exact) and suddenly it became much closer. Had I known that I would had gone there right after the first fuckup, but then again I woudn´t have had this experience and you guys wouldn´t have had the long long blog, which I know entertained some Maltese girls that either fist fight or laugh at blogs describing other people misery, or both :)
My dear friends Fjóla and Davíð (luv you guys) were so shocked by the fact of me eating at McDonalds that they sent me some money so I had an actual dinner, and ohh my god, it felt sooooooooo gooooood, I am still very full, feel like I don´t have to eat for the next week, and no McDonalds for the next month.
I have been talking to so many weird people here, but they are kind of to small to mention, but amongst them is the Scotch man that stands up every 10 minutes and does something that appears to be Mullers excerices, without the naked part fortunantly (I think Muller excercises are an Icelandic phenomena), ahh... one guy worth mentioning, there waas a guy jerking off in the bathroom... and not in a private stall, no sir, right in the main room where the standing things are. He stopped quite quickly after I came in, but thise 3-4 movement I saw were quite enough, and then the fumble to try to get his "guy" into the pants while he was so full of blood and energy proved to be quite entertaining. But guys just remember this, if you have an urge to release some pressure in an international airport, go into one of the private booths!!!
I seem to be fresh out of thoughts, so I´ll let it stand at this, never use Expedia, never jerk of in the toilet, never leave the country without your visa card, never forget your Football manager 2006 CD at home (when I realized tat it was the first time in this trip that I almost started crying), never assume that Manchester is far away and never throw a glass of water on a strong boxer (this one is for Malta).

2 Comments:

At 5:24 pm, Blogger Davíð Örn said...

It's good to hear that things are going the right way for you :) Fjóla and Moli give you best wishes. We look forward to seeing more of your blog and this combination of "Supersize me", "The Terminal" and "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events"

And last but not least, we look forward to seein you back in Iceland....til then have a good trip

 
At 6:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must live in airports more often! I'm enjoying your story a lot!

Rafael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home