Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Use the force...

Yes yes yes, so I continue my tale of nothingness. I will tell you one thing about this country, they are obsessed with cats. There are cats everywhere, the problem is that the streets are full of them as well, and they are dirty and wild, prawl between houses and search the trash... but because they are so many, food for each is very limited so they are very, very small. So small that the rats here (there are so many rats in the street) are actualy bigger than they. The cats either don´t like the taste of rats or are afraid of fighting those bastards because you can see them jog, side by side. The rats here are so big that you can see patterns in their fur. I was walking home yesterday and a rat starting running besides me, it was a gray rat but it had brown spots, if a rat can have several spots it is to big!!! And it wasn´t running away from me, ohh no, it just calmly ran besides me until I had to turn to go into my street, bastards.
Not much in the news here... Me and Ewa got attacked by mither nature the other day. We were coming out of a bookstore and there was no rain, we walked less then a block and then suddenly the sky simply fell on top of us. Such a riddiculus rain I haven´t seen. And I lived in Dominic Republic where there is monsun rain... fuck it! Well we managed to make a movie style jump into a café that was next to us, we were exposed to the rain for approx 10 seconds and we were all wet... not good... I orered a beer of the bar and then he tells me that there is a happy hour now and that I can get two beers for the price of one. I smile and say, "great," and he stills look at me and asks, "so you want one or two beers." I am getting confused at that point so I ask him. "two beers cost the same as one beer, right?" and he nods.. what kind of question is this??? of course I want two beers if they cost the same, this would border a crime in Iceland, never have I seen an Icelander pass the opportunity of a free beer, that would be an attack on our national integrity. But ya... that´s all...

1 Comments:

At 10:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you´ll never see an Icelander pass an offer in general: "buy six screwdrivers, get another six for free". And he´ll be screwing his brains out.
pun pun pun
You should get a pet rat, and then you could give it your extra beer. There is nothing like a drunk rat! And it´s nice to share.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home