Friday, July 14, 2006

Tale of the shivering spider

Just a spider that shall not be discussed.
Anyway, a week gone by and what has happened?
For one, I got one year older, or well, obviously I am one week older than last week, but I passed that silly day which suddenly makes you a whole year older, interesting day, it's like we don't aknowledge any growth over all the other days, but this day... ahhh.... this day we suddenly experience a one year of maturity (or in my case, not so much maturity).
The day started of weird, you am used to having your family to congratulate you from the moment you wake up, spending the day with friends and the phone going off all day with friends and others greeting you, nonono... here I woke up, quite alone (no females of any species there :) spent the day quite alone... started listening to Icelandic christmas songs (no, I did not listen to Celine Dion, All by my self, I promise... or do I?) and at 7pm I had not had any birthday greeting, not personal one, through sms or phone, I went to the internet cafe to see if someone sent me an e-mail, nope... but then something great happened, my mom and dad called me, yay!! It was so nice talking to them! Then I met Ewa, the Polish girl working in the national commitee of AIESEC with me, she also wished me happy birthday. We went to this bar I know, a friend of mine from football was playing there with his band, the whole night untill the final match of the world cup. It was so great, I kept giving everybody beers (they are very cheap) even started giving an old man called Walter who sat across from me. He tried to stop me but I kept pouring into his glass, after giving him 5 beers he told me that he was driving home :)
Then Youssuf my Indian friend came over and it turned out to be a very good ending of a weird birthday.
Week went by without major incidents, we are preparing for National conference 1 which will be held next week. Alot of preperation going on, then me and Grace, my lovely president of AIESEC here singed a partnership with one company today!!!
yaa.... think that is about it...
I´ll write something on monday, but then I´ll be out for around a week.
Cheers,
Tómas

2 Comments:

At 12:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, I thought your birthday was in february... but then again I missed that as well.
take it easy!

 
At 2:30 am, Blogger Svetlana Senajova said...

Hey dear sorry for not sending my birthday wishies! happy birthaday! and lot´s of apologies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home