Friday, July 07, 2006

Mistery of the singing cat

Hey... yeah sorry... I have not been to the office the last two days, nor on friday last week, so the 2 days in between I had alot of work. I have been a bit sick, some fever stuff, but nothing serious (let´s hope). One little story... I was sitting in the common area of my boarding house at 3 or 4 am and was trying to write a little story I am working on. Then suddenly I see this black beast coming fluttering down from the ceiling. It lands quite close to me and takes the aim at me. Then I see this is a cockroach, and not an ordanary cockroach but a huge mother fucker. I am an Icelander and we don't have these beasts in our paradise island (interesting enough, a cockroach is supposed to survive a nuclear war, but they can´t survive Iceland... wussies) so I am not used to them, and in Dominic Republic they were many but rather small, so you would shudder a bit but then kill them off quickly. This was another dimension, the beast was almost as big as my palm and as I ran out of my seat (very manly I must admitt) the cockroach starting climbing the wall behind my chair. He climbed all the way up and then he did this kind of para gliding thing. He flapped his wing and flew around me as I stood in the middle of the floor. I reacted by running out of the room and watched the monster closely. He crawled back to my chair, up the wall, except now a lizzard (not Sheva, one of his friends) attacked the monster, but the cockroach as I explained was a super cockroach so he turned around and snapped at the lizzard (or gecko for those who care) and the lizzard ran away like a scared baby (not like me, who was hiding, out of the room). It crawled all around with occasional leizure flying sessions. After around 15 minutes I decided to be brave and when it was in the far corner, I ran in, grabbed my laptop and dived into my room. The whole night I kept imagine the beast getting into my room... not a nice thought... that would had been a bloody battle.
That´s todays story...
The world cup... what the fuck!!!?!?! Italy-France... did I wait 4 years to see this... pfff I spit on this... I like alot of teams, England, Sweden, Argentina, Holland, Spain, Ghana, Ivory Coast... is it to much to ask for one of those nations to get to the final? apparently, and we will have a final of the Italian machine (I wonder if the corruption of the league has gotten to the international level and that is the explaination of their success?) and the retired French team. And as the matches are played at 2 am here I really need some entertainment to stay awake. But hey... we only have to wait for 4 more years to get a decent world cup final!!! I´ll be watching the game in my favorite bar, and I guess I'll take my Icelandic scarf and viking helmet and cheer on Iceland in the match, as a protest of this bullshit, in 2010 I am sure Iceland will make it to the finals in S-Afrika so it will be like a warm up.
Chiao for now...
Deeply shocked and battle wounded,
Tómas

5 Comments:

At 12:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing story, but you know about cockroaches, they´re more scared of you than you are of them..... well maybe not in this case, but generally.
I´m thinking about watching some entertaining football on sunday! Magni vs. Leiknir F. in the Icelandic 3rd division, now that´s a game (compared to others).

 
At 1:53 pm, Blogger Davíð Örn said...

you're lucky to be alive...it's an incredible story!!!

Well, I agree with you, I'm really not looking forward to seeing the final..I would much rather have seen Denmark-Iceland in the Finals!!! oohhh...now that's real entertainment! I mean, watching Eiður Smári at his best and all the Clausens, and Mortens, and Christiansen and others!!! Can anyone tell me how come Iceland and Denmark are NOT playing the World Cup!!!

 
At 12:57 am, Blogger Davíð Örn said...

I just realized that there is no mention of a cat...nor a singing cat in your blog, however the title suggests somekind of cat mysteri...hmmm...what are you trying to tell us tomas? Is this some kind of hidden messages?

 
At 1:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it has something to do with Schrodinger´s cat. It might be singing......ah! so Schrodinger´s cat is alive, and apparantly singing. So Tomas has solved the mystery,and is too shy to tell us about it. You´ve gotta love the boy!

 
At 3:54 am, Blogger Tomas said...

It would not be the "mistery" of the singing cat if I would had told you about it... now would it??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home